TREATMENT OF LONG-TERM NON-HEALING PURULENT WOUNDS OF THE LOWER LIMBS USING VAC-THERAPY
Summary. The purpose of the study is - To improve the results of treatment of patients with purulent long-term non-healing wounds of the lower extremities using the method of local negative pressure.in purulent long-term non-healing wounds (PLTNHW).
Objectives of the research — according to the clinic’s data, to study the features of the course of the wound process and the microbiological characteristics of purulent long-term non-healing wounds of the lower extremities when exposed to the wound surface of local negative pressure.
Conclusions. The use of the local negative pressure method in the complex treatment of patients with purulent long-term non-healing wounds of the lower extremities helps to reduce the duration of the phases of the course of the wound process, early tissue decontamination and a rapid reduction in the size of wound defects.
2. World Health Organization. WHO Guidelines for safe surgery 2009: safe surgery saves lives. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2009.
3. Lazarus GS, et al. Definitions and guidelines for assessment of wounds and evaluation of healing. Archives of Dermatological Research.1994;130(4):489-93.
4. Cohen I, et al. Wound care and wound healing. 7th edition. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1999.
5. Lazarus GS, et al. Definitions and guidelines for assessment of wounds and evaluation of healing. Wound Repair and Regeneration.1994;2(3):165-70.
6. Zajceva EL, Tokmakova AU. Vakuum-terapiya v lechenii hronicheskih ran. Saharnyj Diabet. 2012;3:45-9.
7. Obolenskiy VN, Ermolov АА, Rodoman GV. Negative pressure wound therapy in the treatment of acute pyo-inflammatory disiases of soft tissues. EWMA J.2016;16(2):19-25.
8. Veligockij AN, et al. Izmenenie ploshchsdi ranevoj poverhnosti pri vozdejstvii nizkodozirovannogo vakuuma. Klinicheskaya Hirurgiya.2016;7:40-2.
9. Goryunov SV, et al. Rukovodstvo po lecheniyu ran metodom upravlyaemogo otricatel’nogo davleniya.M:Аprel.2013:130.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.