MORPHOLOGICAL SUBSTANTIATION OF DIFFERENTIAL DIAGNOSIS OF JAUNDICE SYNDROME IN PATIENTS WITH ACUTE CHOLECYSTITIS
Summary. Objective. To improve the results of treatment of patients with jaundice syndrome by improving the diagnosis quality of obstructive jaundice and improving methods of surgical treatment.
Materials and methods. The results of diagnosis and treatment of 272 patients with benign jaundice syndrome admitted to the clinic on an urgent basis from 2010 to 2020 were analyzed. Differential diagnosis of the nature of jaundice and its cause was carried out according to ultrasound and ERCP.
Results. Based on the revealed differences in the data of histostructures of the gallbladder wall in patients with acute cholecystitis, hepatitis, and liver cirrhosis, we determined ultrasound criteria for the differential diagnosis of mechanical and parenchymal jaundice. Ultrasound made it possible in a short time to determine the obstructive or parenchymal nature of jaundice by the nature of changes in the liver and the wall of the gallbladder. (Patent № 134089 dated April 25, 2019).In cases of mechanical origin of jaundice, ultrasound data helped to establish its cause and determine the tactics of treatment.
Conclusion. 1. Morphological changes in the wall of the gallbladder in patients with acute cholecystitis, hepatitis and liver cirrhosis are qualitatively different from each other. 2. The combination of changes in the liver and the wall of the gallbladder revealed by ultrasound examination makes it possible to differentiate parenchymal and obstructive jaundice with a high degree of reliability.
2. Galperin EI, Vetsheva PS, ed. Guide to surgery of the biliary tract. Moscow: Vidar M. 2009;568 p.
3. Kondratenko PG. Hirurgic ailments. Kharkiv: Fact, 2006;341-86.
4. Coucke EM, Akbar H, Kahloon A, et al. Biliary Obstruction. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi. nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK539698/
5. Taylor A, Stapley S, Hamilton W. Jaundice in primary care: a cohort study of adults — aged more 45 years using electronic medical records. Fam Pract, 2012; 29.416-20. doi: 10.1093/fampra/cmr118
6. Tamm TI, Abboud Hamam, Kramarenko KO. Sposib likuvannya other type of syndrome Mirizi. Patent for corisna model № 55395, dated 10.12.2012.
7. Tamm TI, Mamontov IM, Zulfigarov IG. Method of differential diagnostics of mechanical and parenchymal diseases. Patent for corisna model № 134089, dated 25.04.2019.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.