RADIAL DIGNOSTICS OF LIQUID FOCAL LIVER FORMATIONS WITH THEIR IDENTIFICATION OF A COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE INTRAHEPATIC BILIARY DUCTS
Summary. The aim of the study is to improve radiological diagnosis and differential diagnosis of fluid focal formations of the liver and their communication with the intrahepatic bile ducts.
Materials and methods. The article presents the results of radial diagnostics of drained liquid focal liver formations (non-parasitic cyst, hydatid cyst, abscess) in 182 patients over the past 8 years. Clinical laboratory methods, sonography, computer tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, laparoscopy, cytological and bacteriological examination of liquid from a cyst or liver abscess (in various combinations), statistical methods were used for the diagnostics.
Results and discussion. 5 modified diagnostic methods have been applied, which made it possible to improve its accuracy and, at an early stage, to identify the communication of liquid formation with the intrahepatic biliary ducts. The characteristic radial criteria that correspond to various liquid focal liver formations are given.
Conclusions. The use of a combination of imaging methods (MSCT, MRT, et al.) is necessary in difficult cases for the detection and differential diagnosis of fluid focal formations of the liver.
2. Vasil’eva AA, Emel’yanova NB, Hajdukova IV. Ultrasonic diagnosis of abscesses of a liver and subhepatic space. Bulletin of the Chelyabinsk Region wedge. Hospitals. 2017;3 (37):18-21. [In Russ.].
3. Kolesova LA, Prihnenko VV, Prishchepov AA, Yurchenko AK. Multispiral computer tomography in differential diagnostics of focal formations of a liver. Academic magazine of Western Siberia.2016;12 (4):35-7. [In Russ.].
4. Scheuerlein H, Rauchfuss F, Franke J, Jandt K, Dittmar Y, Trebing G, et al. Clinical symptoms and sonographic follow-up after surgical treatment of nonparasitic liver cysts. BMC Surg.2013;30(13):42.
5. Wei Cui, Hong-Yuan Zhou, Yan-Hui Zhang, Ti Zhang, Qiang Li. Surgical management of non-parasitic hepatic cyst with biliary communication: a case report. Cancer Biol Med.2013;10(2):110-13.
6. Koval GYu., Mechev DS, Sivachenko TP, et al. Radiation diagnostics. Kiev, Medicine of Ukraine.2009; I. 832 p. [In Ukr.].
7. Skipenko OG, Polishchuk LO, Chekunov DA, Hrustaleva MV, Kim S.Yu. The breakthrough of an ekhinokokkovy cyst to bilious canals complicated by holedokhoduodenalny fistula. Surgery: the magazine of N.I. Pirogov.2012;7:80-3. [In Russ.].
8. Ragulina NV, Ionin VP, Vasil’ev PV, CHizhikov AV. Complications after extensive resections of a liver. University medicine of the Urals.2017;3(2):82-4. [In Russ.].
9. Nastashenko IL. Clinical aspects of external postoperative biliary fistulas diagnostics. Surgery of Ukraine.2015;3:51-5.
10. Sugiama M, Atomi Y. Pyogenic hepatic abscess with biliary communication. Am. J. Surg.2002;183:2.