ANALYSIS OF EFFICIENCY OF DIFFERENT METHODS OF TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH ACUTE THROMBOSIS IN THE INFERIOR VENA CAVA
Summary. Research aim. To estimate efficiency of thromboclasis and anticoagulating therapy for patients with DVT of pelvis and lower limbs and to determine the severity of CVI caused by PTD in the long term.
Material and methods. 138 patients with thrombosis in the system of the inferior vena cava were examined and treated.
Results and discussion. Thrombolytic therapy (TLT) as a basic method of treatment was used in 52 (37.7 %) patients. 20 (14.5 %) patients undergone catheter-controlled thrombolysis(CCT) and 32 (23.2 %) patients had systemic thrombolytic therapy. 86 (62.3 %) patients in the basic treatment had anticoagulant therapy (ACT). In the long-term results of TLT significantly exceed the results of ACT. 70 % of these patients had signs of postthrombotic disease (PTD) with mild chronic venous insufficiency(CVI), and 100 % of patients with ACT had more severe forms of PTD.
Conclusions. Application of TLT for patients from with DVT of the pelvis and lower limbs resulted in rapid regress or complete removal of basic clinical signs of venous thrombosis. Instrumental methods of research, such as Doppler ultrasonography and color duplex scanning, as well as X-ray contrast phlebography are the only informative methods for assessing the process of dissolution of blood clots, the functional state of deep veins of the pelvis and lower limbs during CCT.
2. Chernuha LM, Skupoy OM, Mityuk OI, Hrebtiy YaV. K voprosu o lechenii trombozov glubokih ven sistemyi nizhney poloy venyi, oslozhnennyih tromboemboliey legochnoy arterii – vozmozhnosti i rezultatyi. Novosti hirurgii. 2015; (23) 3:309-13. [in Belarus].
3. Htigel U, Baumgartner I. Prevention of Postthrombotic Syndrom. Praxis (Bern). 2015;104(24):1329-35.
4. Roberts LN, Patel RK, Donaldson N. Postthrombotic syndrome is an independent determinant of health-related quality of life following both first proximal and distal deep vein thrombosis. Haematologica. 2014;99(3):41-3.
5. Boiko VV, Prasol VO, Taraban IA, Anreieshchev SA, Oklei DV, Boldizhar PO, Ivanchov PV, ta in. Efektyvnist suchasnykh metodiv khirurhichnoho likuvannia hostroho trombozu v systemi nyzhnoi porozhnystoi veny. Klinichna khirurhiia. 2016;11:67-70. [in Ukrainian].
6. Comerota AJ. Treatment of acute deep venous thrombosis: a strategy of thrombus removal. Eur.J.Vasc.Endovasc.Surg. 2014;33(3):351-360.
7. Kearon C, Akl EL, Blaivas A. Antithrombotic Therapy for VTE Disease: CHEST Guideline and Expert Panel Report. American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines (10th Edition). Chest. 2016;149(2):315-52.