ANALYSIS OF POLYMORPHISM OF MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASE-2 (C-1306 → T) AND TISSUE INHIBITORS OF METALLOPROTEINASE-2 (G1303→ A) GENES IN PATIENTS WITH EVENTRATION
Summary. The aim. To analyze the frequency of polymorphic variants of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (C-1306→T) (MMP-2) and tissue matrix metalloproteinase-2 (G303→A) (TIMP-2) genes in patients with eventration.
Materials and methods. The study included 11 patients with eventration and 44 patients with connective tissue pathology. Laboratory, genetic and statistical studies were performed.
Results and discussion. All models of inheritance are analyzed and the best model with the lowest information criterion Aikaike, which turned out to be a recessive model, is determined.
Conclusions. As a result of genetic and statistical analysis of polymorphism of MMP-2 (C-1306→T) and TIMP-2 (G303→A) genes, it was found that polymorphic variants of these genes are not reliably associated with the development of eventration.
2. Bojko VV, Savvi SO, Zhy`tecz`ky`j VV, Novy`kov YeA. Profilakty`ka eventracij pislya povtorny`x operacij na organax cherevnoyi porozhny`ny`. Xarkivc`ka xirurgichna. shkola. 2012; 2(53):11-12. [In Ukr].
3. Gembal P, Grzegorczyk W, Grabowski B, Milik K, Rola R. Eventrations--the prospective analysis of risk factors of eventrations patients after laparotomy treated in 8 surgical departments of Podkarpacie District. Wiad Lek 2006; 59: 767-771.
4. Izmajlov SG, Garaev VN. Profilaktika i lechenie jeventracii posle relaparotomii. Hirurgija. 2001; 12:14-15. [In Rus].
5. Colozzi S, Clementi M, Cianca G, De Santis G, Sista F, et al. Early Postoperative Eventration: Surgical Treatment with Use of Biological Prosthesis. J Clin Case Rep. 2006; 6: 773. DOI: 10.4172/2165-7920.1000773
6. Harrison B, Sanniec K, Janis JE. Collagenopathies-Implications for Abdominal Wall Reconstruction: A Systematic Review. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2016;4(10):1036. DOI:10.1097/GOX.0000000000001036
7. Visse R, Nagase H. Matrix metalloproteinases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases: structure, function, and biochemistry. Circulation Res. 2003;2: 827-39.
8. Fassina G, Ferrari N, Brigati C. Tissue inhibitors of metalloproteases: Regulation and biological activities. Clin Experim Metastas 2000; 18: 111–20.
9. Xu E. Lai M. Lv B. Xing X. Huang Q. Xia X. A single nucleotide polymorphism in the matrix metalloproteinase-2 promoter is associated with colorectal cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:999–1003;
10. Li Y, Sun DL, Duan YN, Zhang XJ, Wang N, Zhou RM, et al. Association of functional polymorphisms in MMPs genes with gastric cardia adenocarcinoma and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in high incidence region of North China. Mol Biol Rep. 2010; 37(1):197-205.