SURGICAL STRATEGY OF TREATMENT OF PATIENTS WITH STOMACH CANCER COMPLICATED WITH ACUTE GASTRIC BLEEDING
Summary. Objective. Improvement of results of treatment of patients with stomach cancer complicated with acute gastric bleeding.
Materials and methods. It was shown the analysis of results of surgical treatment of 252 patients with stomach cancer complicated with acute gastric bleeding, which got the hospital treatment at GI “V.T. Zaycev Institute of General and Urgent Surgery of NAMS of Ukraine “ from 2010 till 2019, aged 29 till 76. All patients randomly divided on 2 groups: the group of control - 129 patients (got the hospital treatment from 2010 till 2014), and the basic group - 123 patients (from 2015 till 2019).
Results. The common surgical tactics and operations were used at the group of control. The two-staged active-idividualized surgical tactic was used at the basic group. Radical surgery was performed in 120 (47.6 %) cases; in 132 (52,4 %) cases – palliative and symptomatic (the 121(48,0 %) cases of it was major abdominal surgery). Postoperative complications occurred in 79 patients (31.1 %) and postoperative mortality in 7.9 % (20 patients) cases.
Conclusion. There is the rational of using the two-staged surgical tactic with wide using of minimally invasive procedure for the treatment of patients with stomach cancer complicated with acute gastric bleeding. Using of this tactic leads to increasing of quantity of radical operations from 38(29,2 %) at the group of control till 82(72,8 %) at the basic group and leads to decreasing post-operative deaths from 8,5 % till 7,2 % respectively.
2. Davydov M. I. Onсology. Сlinical guidelines. Publishing group of GA N.N. Blokhin National Medical Research Center of Oncology. 2015;1; 680. (In Russ.)
3. Kirkilevskyi C. I., Dubinina V. H., Lukianchuk O. V., Mashukov А. О., Lurin A. H., Bilenko O. A., et al. Clinical surgery. 2017;12: 20-23. (In Russ.) http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/KlKh_2017_12_7
4. Shalimov O. O., Saenko V. F. Surgery of digestive tract. Zdorov’ia. 1987;1:563. (In Russ.)
5. Fomin P. D., Ivanchov P. V. Surgical tactics of acute bleeding malignant tumors of stomach. Surgical school of Kharkiv. 2011;1:9-13. (In Russ.)
6. Patent of Ukraina № 11127 vid 06.05.1999 r. The way of gastrectomy V. T. Zaitsev, V. V. Boiko, V. P. Dalavurak, M. P. Donets, I. A. Taraban. (In Ukr.)