ADVISABILITY OF THYMECTOMY IN YOUNG PATIENTS WITH THYMUS-INDEPENDENT MYASTHENIA GRAVIS IN THE PRESENCE OF BIOMARKERS SPECIFIC FOR PATIENTS WITH THYMOMA
Summary. The aim is to assess the presence of specific markers in patients with thymus-independent and thymus-dependent myasthenia gravis for choosing treatment tactics.
Materials and methods. The presence of specific markers was assessed in 138 patients with thymus-independent (M – myasthenia gravis without thymus changes) and thymus-dependent (MH – myasthenia gravis with thymus hyperplasia, MT – myasthenia gravis with thymoma) for the choice of treatment tactics. We used methods of enzyme immunoassay, spectrophotometry, light and fluorescence microscopy.
Results and discussion. The relationship between the clinical phenotypes of myasthenia gravis and the variants of HLA leukocyte antigen diplotypes was revealed: in young patients with thymus-independent myasthenia gravis (M), a high heterogeneity of the genotypic markers HLA-DR (DR1, DR2, DR3, DR5, DR7) was observed. Patients with thymus-dependent myasthenia (MT) had only the HLA DR2 and HLA DR7 diplo- and haplotypes. The presence of HLA DR2 and HLA DR7 haplotypes and certain changes in the complex of biomarkers (anti-nuclear antibodies, innate immunity and humoral sensitization) in some young patients with M with disease progression led to the development of myasthenia gravis with thymoma (MT) at an older age.
Conclusions. The prognosis of the progression of myasthenia gravis and the development of remission can be made using genomic (the presence of certain HLA-DR haplotypes) and molecular (anti-nuclear antibodies ANA, different fractions of medium molecular weight peptides, circulating immune complexes) biomarkers, that can be used for the choice of treatment tactics.
2. Bojko VV, Klimova EM, Kudrevich A.N. Lechenie miastenii s uchetom immunofiziologicheskih fenotipov. Kharkov: Publishing House Sheinina EV. 2008; 424 p. [In Russia].
3. Smolin AI. Sovremennyie aspektyi kliniki i diagnostiki miastenii. Sibirskiy meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2013; 3: 12-15. [In Russia].
4. Harchenko VP, Sarkisov DS, Vetshev PS i dr. Bolezni vilochkovoy zhelezyi. Harkov: Triada-H. 1998. 232. [In Russia].
5. Farmakidis С, Pasnoor M, Dimachkie MM, Barohn RJ. Treatment of Myasthenia Gravis. Neurol. Clin. 2018; 36(2): 311–337. doi:10.1016/j.ncl.2018.01.011
6. Gabrielian NI, Savostyanova OA. Indicative test for the diagnosis of septic processes. Laboratornoe delo. 1997; 2: 79-80.
7. Gergalova GL, Lehmus OJ, Skok MV. Possible effect of activation of α7-nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in the mitochondrial membrane on the development of apoptosis. Neurophysiology. 2011; 43(3): 195-197. doi:10.1007/ s11062-011-9203-7
8. Klimova EM, Bozhkov AI, Boyko VV, Drozdova LA, Lavinskaya ЕV, Skok MV. Endogenic cytotoxic compounds and formation of the clinic forms of myasthenia. Translational Biomedicine. 2016; 7,3,84: 1-16. doi: 10.21767/2172-0479.100084
9. Klimova EM, Lavinskaya EV, Minukhin DV, Syrovaya AO, Drozdova LA, Samoilova AP, Маkаrov VV, Маkаrov VA, Lukiyanova LV. On Forming Central and Peripheral Markers of Self-Tolerance Loss in Diverse Clinical Myasthenic Phenotypes. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2017; 9(6): 8-17. http://scholarsresearchlibrary.com/archive.html
10. Klimova EM, Minuchin DV, Drozdova LA, Lavinskaya EV, Kordon TI, Kalashnykova YV. Features of self-tolerance loss in patients with different clinical phenotypes of myasthenia. Regulatory Mechanisms in Biosystems. 2018; 9(4): 561