CLINICAL DYNAMICS OF TISSUE CHANGES IN THE FORMATION OF COMPARTMENT SYNDROME IN BURNS
Summary. Compartment syndrome — local hypertensive-ischemic syndrome - a formidable complication of traumatic tissue damage, the basis of which is the increase in intrafascial pressure of muscle masses above 20 mm. The treatment of this dangerous condition is carried out by emergency surgery to decompress tissues.
The aim of the study was to study in an experiment the clinical and morphological development of the compartment syndrome for burns and to evaluate the effectiveness of necrotomy operations and impregnation of affected tissues with ozonized physiological saline.
Materials and methods. The experiment was carried out on 18 rats of the WAG line, weighing 190-210 g. The study material was skin with adjacent soft tissues of the thigh area. To simulate experimental deep burns, we used a device developed by us for the formation of burns, standard in depth and area of the lesion. After the burn was formed, interstitial pressure was measured.
Research results and discussion. The dynamics of macroscopic observations of the wound process and x-ray studies reflect their correspondence to the severity of thermal injury and the positive impact of the proposed therapeutic measures.
- The development of the compartment syndrome with circular and subcircular limb burns and electric burns is a formidable complication, leading to a sharp deterioration in thermal injury and requires immediate surgical intervention.
- The critical point of the level of interstitial pressure should be considered 20 mm, the increase is an absolute indicator for the operation.
- The effectiveness of necrotomy can be improved by the use of a number of medications, in particular local infiltration with ozonized saline.
2. Taylor RM. Acute compartment syndrome: obtaining diagnosis, providing treatment, and minimizing medicolegal risk. Curr.Rev.Musculoskelet Med. 2012;5:206-213.
3. Farber A. Early fasciotomy in patients with extremity vascular injury is associated with decreased risk of adverse limb outcomes: a review of the National Trauma Data Bank. Injury.2012;43(9):1486-1491.
4. Strafun SS, Kozinets GP, Tkach AV. Diagnostika kompartment-sindroma u patsientov s ozhogami konechnostey. Tavricheskiy mediko-biologicheskiy vestnik. 2012;4 (60):394-398. [In Ukrainian].
5. European convention for the protection of vertebrate animals used for experimental and other scientific purposes. Council of Europe. Strasburg. 1986;123:52.
6. Kravtsov OV, Kozin YuI, Isaev YuI, vinahidniki; DU ”Institut zagalnoyi ta nevidkladnoyi hirurgiyi im. V. T. Zaytseva NAMN Ukrayini», patentovlasnik. Sposib kerovanogo modelyuvannya termichnih opikiv u laboratornih tvarin. Patent Ukrayini № 126980. 2018 lip. 10. [In Ukrainian].
7. Kravtsov OV, Kozin YuI, Isaev YuI, Kurbanov TA, vinahedniki; DU ”Institut zagalnoyi ta nevidkladnoyi hirurgiyi im. V. T. Zaytseva NAMN Ukrayini”, patentovlasnik. Pristriy dlya modelyuvannya eksperimentalnih termichnih opikiv. Patant Ukrayini № 131557. 2018 sich. 25. [In Ukrainian].