CHARACTERIZATION OF GASTROESOPHAGEAL REFLUX ACCORDING TO PH-IMPEDANSOMETRY
Summary. Aim. To study the characteristics of gastroesophageal reflux using pH-impedance monitoring.
Materials and methods. pH-impedance monitoring was carried out in 38 patients with GERD symptoms without endoscopic signs and 22 patients with endoscopic signs of reflux esophagitis and reflux gastritis.
Results. All studied parameters confirmed the physiological nature of GER in 38 patients of group I and 9 patients of group II; the presence of pathological GER and impaired gastroesophageal antireflux barrier function in 13 patients of group II.
Conclusions. The conducted pH-impedance monitoring made it possible to determine not only acidic GER and superrefluxes, but also weakly acidic and weakly alkaline ones, most accurately obtain quantitative and qualitative characteristics of GER, as well as establish a violation of the chemical and volumetric clearance of the esophagus. The data obtained can be used when choosing the method of antireflux surgery in patients with GERD.
2. Gyawali CP, Kahrilas PJ, Savarino E, et al. Modern diagnosis of GERD: the Lyon Consensus // Gut Published Online First: 03 February 2018. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2017-314722.
3. Roman S, Gyawali CP, Savarino E, et al. Ambulatory reflux monitoring for diagnosis of gastro-esophageal reflux disease: Update of the Porto consensus and recommendations from an international consensus group. 2017. Supplementary materials.
4. Savarino E, Bredenoord AJ, Fox M, et al. Expert consensus document: Advances in the physiological assessment and diagnosis of GERD // Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017 Nov;14(11):665-76.
5. Storonova O, Makushina A, Paraskevova A, Trukhmanov A, Ivashkin V. Analysis of PSPW index is consider as a method for evaluat. the effectiv. of esophageal clearance and the criterion for phenotyping of GERD. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2019;31;96:87/
6. Barkalova EV. Kucheryavyy YuA. Ovsepyan MA. Mayev IV. Andreyev DN. Izzhoga u bolnykh bez ezofagita: differentsialnaya diagnostika. Eksperimentalnaya i klinicheskaya gastroenterologiya. 2018;158(10):74-79. [In Rus.].
7. Kaybysheva VO. Rol funktsionalnykh metodov issledovaniya v diagnostike i vybore lecheniya GERB i eye oslozhneniy / www.gastroscan.ru. 2017 g. [In Rus.].